Ricky Martin’s husband speaks out after harassment case dropped as the star gets back to work performing the Hollywood Bowl

Ricky Martin’s husband speaks out after harassment case dropped as the star gets back to work performing the Hollywood Bowl
Ricky Martin vindicated!
virgin radio pride

After what could unquestionably be described as ‘a shit few weeks’ for Ricky Martin and his loved ones, charges have now been dropped and they’re all speaking out.

 

In July, it was revealed that a domestic violence-related restraining order had been filed against singer Ricky Martin.

Martin offered comment the following day, in a tweet vehemently denying the “completely false” claims, with representatives for the singer also denying the charges.

 

Things then got quite a shit load bit worse when Ricky became the top trending topic on social media (July 15) after a publication reported that his brother, Eric Martin, had confirmed the identity of the claimant as being 21-year-old Dennis Yadiel Sanchez, the son of Martin’s stepsister.

 

The internet (quelle surprise) had a field day discussing, making memes about, and berating Martin, convinced he had enjoyed a, incestuous sexual – and then threatening – relationship with the 21-year-old, his step nephew, Sanchez.

 

Eventually (on July 21), a Puerto Rican judge officially dismissed the temporary restraining order, at Sanchez’s request, with Martin appearing in court via Zoom and without speaking.

Ricky Martin
Ricky Martin

Shortly after, a video was obtained by TMZ where he explained his reality during the ordeal:

‘I’m in front of the cameras today because I really need to talk in order for me to start my healing process,’ Martin said. ‘For two weeks, I was not allowed to defend myself because I was following a procedure where the law – the law – obligated me not to talk until I was in front of the judge and got this claims were proven to be false.’

 

‘But I’m going to tell you the truth. It has been so painful. It has been devastating for me, for my family, for my friends. I don’t wish this upon anybody.’

Martin continued, ‘To the person that was claiming this nonsense, I wish him the best – and I wish he finds the help so he can start a new life filled with love and truth and joy – and he doesn’t hurt any body else.’

 

‘Now, my priority is to heal and how do I heal? With music,’ Martin said. ‘I cannot wait to be back on stage. I cannot wait to be back in front of the cameras and entertain, which is what I do best.’

‘Thank you to all my friends. Thank you to all the fans who always believed in me. You have no idea the strength that you gave me with every comment you wrote on social media. I wish you love and light – and here we come with the same strength and passion.’

 

Martin concluded with ‘God bless you all.’

 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by Jwan Yosef (@jwanyosef)

Ricky Martin’s husband has since offered a simple and dignified response to the matter. 

“Truth Prevails,” Jwan Yosef simply wrote, in an Instagram post showing the two smiling and cuddling.

 

Before that, Ricky’s legal team had also issued a response on the case being dropped, shared to Martin’s socials: 

“Just as we had anticipated, the temporary protection order was not extended by the Court,” a statement from Martin’s team of lawyers said. “The accuser confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the matter was his alone, without any outside influence or pressure, and the accuser confirmed he was satisfied with his legal representation in the matter.”

 

“The request came from the accuser asking to dismiss the case,” the statement continued. “This was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations with absolutely nothing to substantiate them. We are glad that our client saw justice done and can now move forward with his life and his career.”

Ricky is back to the music now, performing (July 23) alongside the L.A. Philharmonic Orchestra at the Hollywood Bowl. 

virgin radio pride uk